Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pinks in the Backyard

Most of the first plants in our garden came from my Mom's and sister's gardens. "Mom's pinks" have been reliable and we now have several patches. The blue foliage grows like a mat and looks great all year - even in spring - because it keeps its foliage under the snow all winter.



My luck hasn't always been so great with other types of pinks. It's not that they don't grow for me, it's that they don't stay where I put them. We have self-seeded patches of pinks all through the front gardens. This patch below is new to the back garden and it really brightens up this corner. I'm feeling the urge to try and put some more pinks where I want them...


1 comment:

  1. That's the beauty of the small ones though... they grow where they want but they take up no space and can fit under anything. I have moved 2 patches out of the driveway already this year.

    ReplyDelete