Monday, July 21, 2014

Little House in Pink


The Little House is another place here that had a gardener at one time. When we arrived, there were pink columbine, a peony and the odd few other things that were harder to identify since all of it was tangled up in weeds and overgrown.


Across the road from the Little House is our combine garden and our gate to close the road is in this spot as well. It is very pretty in the spring and summer with dark purple lilac, linden flowers and the few perennials.


Over the years, I have barely managed to even get it weeded. Proably once a year it gets cleared up a bit and when I have an overflow of plants I don't know what to do with in my garden, they can get thrown here. Theoretically until I figure it out but in reality, they rarely get moved out once they are abandoned at the Little House.

Last year, I noticed Cranesbill in this yard and when it stopped blooming, I promptly forgot about it. Until last week when I noticed a huge, beautiful patch of blooming pink and pale purple all along the weed edge. That drove me out to take a walk around the Little House with my camera.



And I noticed something I never noticed before. Everything that gardener planted is pink. Pink shades with the odd bit of purple. There is columbine, peony, wild rose, cranesbill and they are all in pinks. The only plant in either of those gardens that does not bloom pink or purple is a bright creamsickle orange daylily that I added two years ago.

This morning, I decided that daylily is going when I clear this out. I am going to keep this garden pink, pale purple and white. I like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment