Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Another remnant of the Gardener before me...

A few years ago, I found pink Honeysuckle along our private road but I didn't do anything about that. The road is a summer road and truth is, we don't even use it then for vehicles. For us, it is really just a really great place to walk the dogs.

Rarely have I done any weeding along this road. It is a long road and bush grows up to it on both sides. Couple that with no vehicle traffic and it was getting very overgrown.


Last year I found the Honeysuckle again. I cleared out around it and made note of where along the path it was. This year, Miles cleared the overgrowth and pruned the trees to open the road up for vehicles comfortably again. The sunlight and the weeds cleared away made a big difference to the Honeysuckle and there is no way I will loose sight of it again.

The other pleasant surprise? It was obviously planted there by the Gardener before me because it has two friends that are blooming across the road from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment