Thursday, July 10, 2014

Iris in July

Unbelievably, I have Iris buds still opening. Not sure when the last time I had Iris opening in July was. 'Moonsilk' opens in July but all my old iris are typically long done by now. 'Mrs. Andrist' still has lots of buds.

Such and odd garden year.

The purple is 'Stepping Out' and this is the first year it has bloomed in my garden. It came from Nova when we did our big iris exchange last fall.

The yellow is 'Bumblebee Deelite'. Just identified this year, it has been in my garden for many, many years. Moved with me from my city garden, it was one of my first original four iris. They arrived from Judy's garden all at the same time and were the start of my iris obsession.

The bright yellow makes this iris a plant that can be grown far from the windows yet still be spotted easily when it opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment