Thursday, July 24, 2014

Backyard Views

The back yard has gone through the most changes since we first arrived here. The day we moved in, the middle section was a big, dead circle that had been sprayed with roundup to create a turn around for the school bus. A turnaround that the school bus could not get to through the bush.


It then became a much larger garden than it is today. We built the firepit and my intent was to build a quarter moon shaped garden around the edge of the middle section. That was almost complete when we thought we were going to move. The real estate agent thought the garden might be too big so it was dug out until there was just a small border garden along the parking area of the drive.


Now, I just plant as I go, I have no plan and there is no vision of what the whole thing looks like when it is done. I am finding this approach much more fun. It always seems like that garden is incomplete because there is no real start or finish but that doesn't seem to matter to me anymore. Nor does the pallet of brick that I have been meaning to move for 2 years now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment