Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Corner of the Drive

I almost titled this post, My Favourite Spot. Then I realized that I don't have a favourite spot. I have many, many favourite spots. So unless I wanted to do a very long series of posts, I'd have to find another title!

This corner is passed by if you move from the house to anywhere, or from the car to anywhere. It sits at the junction of the road to the Campground yard (which also leads to the dogs building), the drive parking, the path to the firepit and the entry to the Boardwalk Garden. It is impossible to move around without passing by here and yet, Sean still does not notice the blooms... but that is another story, for another day.

The 'William Baffin' rose fills with blooms here, even if it does stretch forever to reach the sun, making it lean all to one side. Still, the roses are pretty with a lovely, soft scent. The lamium continually threatens to take the whole spot over and Iris were added last year. They are my most scented Iris so it is a nice spot to stand when they are blooming. Johnny-Jump-Up shows up in the rock, outside the garden edge, as often as the many, many weeds. But still this spot manages to put on a magnificent display year after year.

I think this is one of my favourite spots because it represents the way I see my garden. A little messy, slightly overgrown, never weeded enough but still dazzling me daily!

1 comment:

  1. My garden can be a blaze of colour and Jeremy will walk right by, too. Mind you, at that age I wasn't paying much attention to gardens either ;) Your iris look great in this corner.

    ReplyDelete