Friday, October 22, 2010

Tulip Deadline Zone 3

It is time to finish planting and moving tulips in zone 3. According to Environment Canada, we have three more days of good weather and then a few of bad. Once the bad hits in Saskatchewan, all bets are off and there are no guarantees. Last Fall, I added so many new tulips that this Fall, I am finding myself content with moving what I have here already and saving some of the old that are struggling in very tight spaces. The fact that Linda and I were discussing tulips the other day, which made me pull out my trusty notebook, to realize that so many of my new ones did not perform well this year, has made me a little tulip weary. I was planning on just moving my 'Angelique', 'Bastogne' and crowded 'White Dream'. I think now that I will move all of the tulips that did not perform well this year and see if I can get them to give me a better display next year. I am hopeful that even with the increase in number, I can finish in one day so that is now my agenda for tomorrow. I am starting my race against time... and snow!

2 comments:

  1. These are your 'Zurel' tulips right? The ones you brought me are still biding their time in the woods garden but I'm looking forward to having 2 or 3 patches. I can't do anything here with tulips for another 3 weeks or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and the ones next to the couple are the ones that are in your woods now :)

    ReplyDelete