Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Favourite Perennial Pick of this Season

Although early in this season, I would have told you that Begonia 'Bonfire' is my favourite plant discovery for this year, this more recent blooming beauty has really captivated me. This is Heliopsis 'Loraine Sunshine' and she is currently blooming happily in Judy's sideyard. She is stunning. White leaves with dark green veins and bright, cheery, lemon yellow daisy-like blooms. I am a big fan of daisy-like flowers. She is a tagless plant that was easily identified on the internet with complete confidence. There is nothing quite like her or even close enough to mistake. The best part of this discovery is that she has a little baby offshoot of 3 stalks and one bloom that Judy has offered me. I have decided to leave the baby where it is for the winter and will divide and transplant in the Spring. I hope she spreads really quick because I can just see a huge patch of her in my Front House Garden where I will see her blooms several times a day every season.

Heliopsis helianthoides 'Loraine Sunshine', perennial zone 2, 30" height by 30" spread, full sun

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely a beauty! Now I'll have to think about what my fav pick is.

    ReplyDelete