Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Food!

I have always been a flower gardener and still consider myself as such. This year I added food to my garden and was surprised to find that it was as easy as growing flowers. This was the first of my potatoe crop to be made into a meal. It was yummy! I had success with everything I planted so I am going to expand that next year with the addition of a fenced kitchen garden. Although the dogs did not bother potatoes, onion and chard, I have a feeling they may feel differently about carrots, spinach and lettuce. Add to that our visitors from this morning and I think the kitchen garden will need a fence.

2 comments:

  1. I see frost! That's cool that the deer come up so close with all the dogs around. I do have to say that I find it hard to get excited about potatoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was early morning so all the dogs were still inside sleeping or they would not have come up. I am finding I really like the new connection to my food with growing. I am going to expand it a lot next year. Not to mention that it is true... it did taste way better and the texture was better compared to what I'd buy at the grocery.

    ReplyDelete