Sunday, October 3, 2010

Benedict

Garden art is very important in my garden. I consider everything that isn't a plant, from containers to bird baths, as garden art. Even when the bird bath has a stump or rock for a base. This is Benedict sharing a view with our cat, Jake. Benedict is our sentinel and sits at the top of the stepping stone steps, facing the drive where he can watch the road and be the first to see visitors approaching. He is so special, he has his own garden. Benedict's Garden extends from where he sits back to the fence on both the upper and lower levels. In front of his lower level is the Nursery and behind the fence on his upper level is the Bird Sanctuary. This area used to be known as the sideyard but Benedict's Garden has stuck since he moved in. In his garden, Benedict has tulips, delphinium, fern, anemone, bergenia and always begonia. You wouldn't know it to look at him but Benedict loves flowers. When we first got Benedict, Wile E. used to bark at him constantly, especially at night. I think Wile E. wondered why Benedict never want to play... or answer. Eventually he figured it out. I do the same thing. I find myself talking to him out there as much as I talk to the dogs. He has a personality for me. Although I doubt anyone else would notice it.

1 comment:

  1. As you know, our garden art is a little more 'home grown' - almost all of it is made from rocks.

    ReplyDelete