Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dahlia 'Yellow Star' Makes an Appearance

These poor flowers are a little worse for wear but it is the end of October.  A beautiful lemon yellow semi-cactus dahlia, the blooms are 3.5 inches across.  I won't need to plant yellow daisies next year because I'll get lots of yellow from these.
This may be the end of our dahlia story for the 2010 gardening season.  I have one more bud that I'm hopeful about but I imagine hope will be overcome by frost in the next couple of days.  I certainly can't complain - this has undoubtedly been the longest gardening season since we started 6 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. I love this yellow. Mine survived lifting. With luck, they will still be that way when I pull them out in Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and, beautiful shot by the way... she looks very delicate :)

    ReplyDelete