Sunday, August 29, 2010

Slug Solution that Works

In follow up to my previous post about Slugs:
I am happy to report that Kelly and I have been using the ammonia solution with success.  The formula is:  7 parts water to 1 part ammonia.  I read about this in a gardening magazine at some point.

Kelly is spraying early morning; I'm spraying less regularly in the evening.  The solution melts slugs on contact - I'll refrain from posting a picture of this!  It also seems to be a good deterrent.  I can see that if we start early next year, we'll be able to keep the population down right from the start.  I'm hoping it'll make a difference with other bugs as well.

1 comment:

  1. If our Spring and Summer stay as wet as this year, I will be mixing a spray bottle of this in the Spring for sure. I can't remember a year where I saw more than 3 slugs in my garden all season. Until this one. My garden is FULL of them! They seem to be under every stone.

    ReplyDelete