Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Let's Talk About Bugs!

Earlier today, Linda was telling me about the flying ant swarm in her garden last week. Just after telling her that I have never experienced a swarm other than bees and didn`t think I would much like having an ant swarm, I stepped outside. The air was thick with tiny little flies. The garden was so full of them, that I had to be careful about breathing and was brushing off my clothes and shaking out my hair before coming back into the house. They seem to be gone now and it looks like no damage was done. Although we have a week or so each year where these little flies are prevalent in the garden, I have never seen it like this. Eventhough they were easily visible everywhere in the air and at dusk even became a glowing green colour, I couldn`t capture them swarming mid-air. This group resting on the Calla at the front deck was the best I could do. It is not supposed to rain tomorrow so I hope they are not back because they definitely kept me in the house today.

1 comment: