Friday, June 7, 2013

Got bugs?

I wouldn't be able to call myself a gardener if I didn't have a few conversations about bugs every season. Linda and I actually spend more time talking about bugs than I like. I am sure she feels the same.

I am lucky. I don't have the variety of bugs in my garden that Linda has. And I have bush that the bugs prefer to live in so many never show up in my garden. Although I still get my share!

More often than not, we are talking about the bad side of bugs. This perfect little hive start is the good side of bugs. I love finding this kind of thing. Nests, hives and any other little bits they leave around for us. I am not sure what caused them to abandon this before completion or how it ended up on our firepit patio (might have had something to do with the lawn mower!) but I am glad I found it before it got squished. It is tiny, light, delicate, paper thin and perfect. It will make an excellent decorative addition to any of my plant pots... provided a dog doesn't snap it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment