Sunday, June 9, 2013

German Purple Iris

These iris were originally a handful of rhisomes that I got from Judy. Over the years, they have multiplied into huge patches that I have everywhere! I love the colour and I love the fact that they are the first of my iris to bloom.
 
 They are almost done now and only one of the other iris has even started to bloom. These extend my iris season by a lot and they allow me to have iris blooming with other early plants that normally would not bloom with an iris. I just discovered this year that these bloom at the same time as the 'Thalia' daffodil in my garden. That seems like a great reason to divide a patch and move some this year.

 

3 comments:

  1. They're blooming here for me now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice his little friend on the bottom pic? Is that the same spider you were talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes those same ones we get on the iris here.

    ReplyDelete