Friday, June 14, 2013

Daylily begins...

'Stella D'Oro' was my first experience with daylily and I have to say... she didn't make me fall in love. In fact, for a long time, it was her fault that I didn't like daylily. Then Linda introduced me to 'Frans Hals' and the love story began. What a guy, he was slendor and elegant with dark, rich colours. Everything 'Stella' wasn't. She is short, squat and that particular shade of whatever its called that isn't really orange and isn't really yellow. Over the years though, 'Stella' has really grown on me.

She is reliable, long blooming and her odd colour compliments either yellow or orange and works with purple, white and - even more oddly - several shades of red. Another of her advantages is that she sits shorter than all of my other daylily so she works really well on the edge of a border. Today, I would recommend 'Stella' as a wonderful addition to any garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment