Saturday, June 15, 2013

Columbine

I even love the way it sounds... Alpine Columbine. Columbine are one of my favourite plants which is a real feat considering almost all of my other favourites are bulbs or rhisomes. I think Columbine sits alone as the only perennial on that list. I kind of collect Columbine. From the double red that I shared with Linda and then promptly lost in my garden to my first, and still stunning yellow and purple. My second addition was a pretty yellow that I immediately planted right beside the first. They remain side-by-side today. When we first moved here, I found this pretty, little pink and last year I added a black that has come up but not yet bloomed this year. The Alpine came from Linda's garden and they are similar in height to the pink but have a larger flower. So far, I have two of them and Linda tells me I should expect a lot more. She made it sound ominous but I think that's all good news!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment