Saturday, June 8, 2013

Allium


I think this drumstick allium came from Linda's Garden. Last year it was tall with several big, round blooms. This year, they are short with small, round blooms of which, there are only two. This happens in my garden a lot. A plant will do really well and then put on barely a show the following year. What I have discovered is that to completely avoid this, I have to read more. Since that isn't likely to happen, I bungle along instead. Trying this and that to get a better show the following year.
 
The good news? It never lasts more than a season. My bet is these will be tall, big and round again next year and the one after that too.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. These are Purple Sensation and they're not doing as well for me this year either. They're slow to multiply too. I think I'll buy more bulbs to plant in the fall.

    ReplyDelete