Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Quiet One - Dahlia 'Ferncliff Cameo'

Moving on in our Dahlia story, this is 'Ferncliff Cameo'. She is supposed to be a 5' plant but in my garden this year, she barely made 4'. It was an odd year so I expect she will be taller next year. Her flowers are 5", opening pale yellow but quickly fading to pale pink. She is very pretty and super dainty. This year, I have her planted with brighter colours that really over power her. It was a side effect of my planting season. Next year I plan to plant her in the Bird Sanctuary in the newly created sun spot which is currently under development. That garden will have a pink and white theme she will fit right into with her quiet tones. So far, she is the only yellow I am allowing in that garden. I think she will be well worth the compromise.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I don't let yellow in my back garden but this pale yellow would work just fine and I'm sure it will be wonderful in the Bird Sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete