Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Picnic Anyone? - Dahlia 'Kari Fruit Salad'

'Kari Fruit Salad' is on the small side of small with 4" cactus flowers on a 4' plant although she did not get as tall as that for me this year. She is another that was darker in bud than in bloom. She is a purple/pink/yellow blend described as eye-catching, which she is. She also has a lot of blooms and is listed as a good cutflower. I cut all my dahlia because they last forever in a vase but she does have good length to her stems. As Linda says, she looks good enough to eat!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, and she's very photogenic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But oddly enough, the bigger she gets, the less she catches your eye in the garden. She is in front of 'Taratahi Ruby' and beside 'Baron Katie' and as she opened up, she is less noticeable there now. If I get the weeding done in the next couple days, I will take a photo of the front house garden oranges. It looks good right now.

    ReplyDelete