Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Baroness - Dahlia 'Baron Katie'

'Baron Katie' is one of my favourite for sure. Her classification is BB ID FL meaning, small (4-6") flowers in the informal decorative form and flame blend colours. She was described as 4' with 5" flowers in flame colours although the accompanying image looked very pink. Here she is true to description, in very flame colours. The listing also promised blooms and blooms which was right on the money. She sends blooms up forever. She was the first to open in my Front House Garden and there a trio of her is planted close enough to look like one big plant covered in blooms. Her blooms in that garden are 5.5". She reminds me of cat's eye marbles and her bright, cheery colours are perfect for the orange theme of that garden. If I could only have a couple of Dahlia, she would be top of my list!

2 comments:

  1. Is this form called 'informal'? Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the classification is BB ID FL. BB is small, flowers 4 - 6 inches, ID is informal decorative flower form, FL is flame blend. Guess I could add that hey?

    ReplyDelete