Friday, October 14, 2011

Yellow

When I first started gardening, I was admant about no yellow. Yellow flowers were my least favourite, I was sure. I think it may be because most of the wildflowers here are yellow and my thoughts of a garden then, excluded most of them. Yellow has changed for me since then, as have wildflowers in the garden. Two years ago, I brought wild Prairie Coneflower into my garden proper and have not regretted it since. They are wonderful and look equally great with Heliopsis 'Loraine Sunshine' or any of my pink roses. Today, I love yellow, orange, deep chocolate colours and everything fall. You would not have known it from my early garden. The first two years, everything I planted was pink. That was my first mistake, followed by many others. That is the joy of gardening for me though, mistakes can abound and nature will still figure it out and usually put on a display better than any I could have dreamed up. Today, my garden embraces all flower colours as it grows with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment