Sunday, October 23, 2011

Last Flowers 2011

Earlier this season I was singing praise to my viola which was my first blooming flower. At the time I said they would be my last flower of the season as well and here is the evidence. Yesterday when wandering the yard, I again noticed that viola are the last flowers left in my garden. From the pretty bright yellow blooming from under the lizard to the deep purple blooming all along the drive edge, just outside the rock border. These little viola's are ultra reliable; always smiling, always bright, always cheery and always blooming. Many gardeners I know consider these little beauties a weed although, I will never understand how they ever fell into that category. I love them and try to add new varieties to my garden every year on my mother's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment