Monday, October 24, 2011

Borrowed Glads

This year we had a hard time finding places to plant all the glads. Aside from our own, we had a loan of Danielle's for the season. This is bold orange one is definitely a favourite:


Gladiolus 'Hunting Song'

In the back yard, I got to enjoy Mon Amour, with frilly pastel pink and yellow blooms.  The delicate Velvet Eye was a wonderful surprise too - for some reason I was expecting it to be dark purple so had planted it out front.  We also had several mixed varieties from Danielle too.  There's one more pink one still to open.

3 comments:

  1. They look awesome! I think 'Hunting Song' is still my favourite but 'Mon Amour' might be running a very, very close second. Most of these did not bloom for me last year so the photos are a real treat. Make sure you keep enough for your own patches. Payment for looking after them for the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, Hunting Song, Velvet Eye, Mon Amour and Passos... I'm snagging a few of each of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should keep some of the borders or glamini's so you have the shorter ones. I think the shorter ones would look great, late season, in your rock garden.

    ReplyDelete