Sunday, May 19, 2013

Early Tulips Start

The early tulips are starting. This red is either 'Bastogne' or something that came in mixed red and yellow from either Judy or my sister. I will probably never know which. My tulips are all mixed up by now and are coming up everywhere. It is so awesome, I don't even care that I don't know what many of them are. Any that are particularly interesting, I can usually identify. I could probably pull out maps and figure it out as well but when the sun is shining is no time to pull out maps! That is a winter activity. Maybe winter will have me here renaming everything. Who knows? Something to look forward to anyway.

There are two patches of these so far. Both are in the sun gardens near but not next to each other, in the area that was planted last year. All three sets of tulips, Judy's mom's mixed (red and yellow), Deanna's red and yellow mix and my old 'Bastogne' were moved somewhere into that area last year. At least I think they were! But who is to say that the red in either of those mixes is not also 'Bastogne'?

No matter what they are, they sure are pretty and that is all that really matters in my garden. 

At least today that is all that really matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment