Saturday, June 21, 2014

Who doesn't love groundcover?

I have groundcover everywhere! Nothing keeps the weeds down better. Most of my groundcovers bloom and it is wonderful to see sweeps of flowers in the gardens.

Some of my groundcovers are plants not traditionally considered groundcover. I use anything that will spread and fill in, like fern and lily of the valley.

I even have plants that I would never have considered in my city garden, like sweeping views of goutweed. Here, the drive keeps it under some control and I have learned to brutally rip it out where it needs it... without feeling guilt. lol.

I always have my eye out for new or different groundcover, like my tricolour sedum. And, I am always looking for new little corners, nooks and crannies in my yard in which to plant them.




No comments:

Post a Comment