Sunday, June 29, 2014

The top of the boardwalk.

Catmint was here, at the top of the boardwalk garden. It occupies its own semi-circular space just off the back deck. There is little to no sun in that spot yet, it continues to do well every year. Getting tall and full of blooms. The blooms bring the hummingbirds. Close enough to hear and see, watch and enjoy. I have tried adding things to this space to compliment the catmint. There is a Meadowrue growing with them as we speak. But it never works. Nothing does well there except Catmint.

It has become one of the things I have surrendered to in my garden. Like leaving pathways where the dogs most often travel and empty spaces where they most like to lay. The fight is not worth the result and can be exhausting. The Catmint now falls into the same category. I have surrendered the semi-circle to it and will watch as it takes it completely over. The hummingbirds will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment