Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tulips 2014

It was a bad year for tulips here and they put up a very poor showing in my garden. I am happy it was a problem all around me and not just in my garden but it is always a drag when we get a bad tulip year.

Judy thinks it did not get warm enough for them and she may be right. Some years, the buds will form and start to get full when a frost will come along and next thing you know, all those buds are dropping. It wasn't that kind of year so frost was not the problem.

Whatever it was, I guess it is not worth contemplating much since there is nothing that can be done to change it. Or fix it for next year!

I will keep my fingers crossed for a better tulip year in 2015. If memory serves me, I don't think I've had 2 bad tulip years in a row. Might be a good year to add tulips to my garden... I think tulips are going to be awesome... next year. Why is it I am always waiting for next year? lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment