Friday, January 6, 2012

Green and Pink in January

It was so nice and mild a couple of days ago so I grabbed my camera and went for a stroll around the garden. One of the things that I really appreciate about my rock garden is that there are many things that stay green all year round, even when covered by snow. These photos were taken on January 3rd.


This season has been so mixed up with mild weather most of the fall. My Dutch iris keep growing and they're about 5 months too early. My Hall's honeysuckle is full of buds. And the buds on my spring blooming heathers are starting to pop about 6 weeks early.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Even with the absolutely beautiful winter we have had here, there are no blooms in my garden! That is so cool. I hope you weather stays mild and you don't lose a bunch of stuff with the odd season. But what is going to bloom in the summer if it all blooms now? lol.

    ReplyDelete