Saturday, May 26, 2012

Maps!

I have a myriad of notes and records of my gardens. I have more than one notebook, stapled together stacks of sketches, drawn maps with legends and plant lists plus a folding file of plant tags by category... each with a description of location planted and date notation. Yet, with all of this over-achieving record keeping, I can never find the map I am looking for. So this is my new map option. In hope that I can find things easier if they are handy on my computer and I can see where the plants are exactly. My sketches never do that for me. I hope this is finally the solution or I will soon be buried in maps of many varieties.

2 comments:

  1. All maps work great when you stop moving stuff around and planting new. haha That's been MY problem with maps. Although things are getting settled in now so this summer might be a good time to make some new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this method might work for someone, but not for me. I made it, posted it and filed it and have never looked at it again. I think there is just something about paper maps when you are a doodler. lol.

    ReplyDelete