Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lily

It has been a rather interesting year for my lily... and Linda's yard. Last fall in anticipation of our move, I sent Linda some of all my lily. In fact, I sent whole gardens of lily! Kelly planted them in a temporary place where they all came up and many of them bloomed. They were crowded but from the pictures I saw, they also looked happy. What it meant for my garden was that there were very few lily left. Although my orange lily garden was still big and beautiful, this 'Acapulco' was the only pink lily that came up in what was the pink lily garden. I moved it into the garden proper since the pink lily garden is now lawn and it didn't miss a beat. It was full of blooms on only two stalks, reminding me how much I love lily in the garden. I can't wait for more variety next year. Linda shipped me lily this week and it should arrive today. Now, where to plant...

No comments:

Post a Comment