Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fall Moving

Here I am again, digging while paying no attention to the proper timing of anything. The only thing on my mind is that I am moving in either the spring or the summer and I want to keep my bulbs and tubers. So, I am digging in the snow and packing boxes to mail to Linda. I am sending glads for her 'fridge in case I am not there yet when it is time to plant them.
I dug up my orange lily garden today and although it is all mixed together, I hope this pile of bulbs contains 'Grand Cru', 'Cancun', Danielle's Hula, Early Orange and Tiny White as well as the Tangerine and Easter Yellow shorter varieties.
I managed to separate out the 'New Wave', 'Landini', 'Orange Electric' and 'Madrid'. I started packing the first box although I think there will be three this size before I am done!
Linda and Kelly will dig trenches or something to throw them in until I get there and I won't have to try and dig frozen ground in early spring here. Tomorrow the agenda is to dig all the pink and red lily. I hope the nicer afternoon temperatures hold for a few more days because I would like to get tulips and iris too :)

2 comments:

  1. Kelly must have had some insight when he built that big new garden by the 'henge. It's sitting there waiting for all your bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is excellent news because although it was cold and wet digging yesterday... not to mention hard to find things under the snow... the ground was not frozen yet so I am going after the pink and red lily today. Tomorrow tulips and the next day iris. I think you will get a box of each in the end or something like that.

    ReplyDelete