Saturday, August 16, 2014

Anyone seen my spade?

I have several spades. Several shovels, hand diggers and rakes. Our yard is big. I don't want to have to walk a block to grab a spade when I need to dig a small hole. I leave the spades upright and either leaning on something or stuck in the dirt and standing. It usually makes them easier to find.

Clearly, I have not been digging enough in the front if the Virginia Creeper had time to overtake my spade leaning on the tree. This kind of thing happens more often than you would think. For instance, I have at least 7 hand diggers and for over a month now, I have not been able to find one! I think most of them are out there somewhere under the plants but it is possible one dog or another has dragged a couple away into the fields. Not likely, but possible. Our dogs usually drag things into the yard, not out.

No comments:

Post a Comment