Saturday, October 26, 2013

Creeping and the Beauty of Space

The beauty of space is that there are actually places, not that far from my house, that I never get to. The south side of our shop is one such place. It is out of the way, surrounded by bush and the graveyard of things slightly in need of repair but possibly useful in future has only grown since we arrived.

There is a cast-off rack there, that at one time held canoes and one time held wood. Now it sits and waits for a new use, surrounded by pallets and the odd bit of firewood.

Our place is full of Virginia Creeper. Both the dark green all the time variety and the more stunning fall turning variety. Sadly, all the fall turning variety was planted away from the house originally. I have spent years moving it in to catch views of it from the windows. I thought I knew where every patch was.

Imagine my surprise to find fall turning Virginia Creeper on the south side of the shop! Majestic and beautiful, doing just what it was designed to to - making that junk pile look awesome!



Just look at those purples!

No comments:

Post a Comment