Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Excitement of Spring !

In spring, I always say that spring is my favourite time of year. Then comes fall and again, I would say fall is my favourite time of year. But this year I am sure... spring it is! At least for now. The excitement in a new season for me is always the same - finding out what comes back that was new last year. In zone 3, new plantings are always most vulnerable over their first winter. The monkshood patch that came from Judy's yard when we relocated her patch, has returned and looks like it is going to be a healthy size. As I expected, there are already 5 or 6 delphinium coming up that need moving and by the time this season is over, there will be ten times that I am sure. Delphinium have gone crazy here and this is the year I am going to tame them! Ha! All these big plans. Easy to say when everything is 2 inches tall. I might feel differently when the delphinium are 6 foot plants!

1 comment:

  1. I think gardening would become boring if I could do it all year round - but then again I might be wrong. I would miss spring and the excitement of seeing the little sprouts coming up and trying to remember what everything is and what we moved late last season. On another note, I'm reminded again of the difference in our soils - yours looks much more grey and loose.

    ReplyDelete