Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Spring!

This is the time of year that I can be left wondering why I ever chose to be a gardener in Zone 3. Everything seems a panic, it is wet, dreary and cold outside. I have been waiting so long for the garden to be uncovered that it is hard to resist the temptation to start working in it. I have learned that you do not want to dig too early in our soil. The excitement of spring is in the air and the bugs are starting to arrive along with all the garden magazine newsletters. They are urging me to start seeds indoors (which I hate doing) and get to my spring garden to do list (which I love doing). I am a list person so making my spring to do list is all kinds of fun. It is getting the list completed that is the struggle. Add 9 dogs with paws just like Moxie's above and it can quickly seem overwhelming. Good thing I am a lazy gardener. I will probably not start seeds indoors. I will think about it and maybe even talk about it but I won't get around to it before I can plant in the ground. I will get the important things done on my to do list - and even some of the not so important things. I will never get everything on the list done. It is the curse of a list maker. The list is a dynamic, ever-growing being. It isn't meant to be completed. I can't wait for the flowers so I have an excuse to stop and smell them. I still love spring!

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for it to warm up a little bit and then I'm out there today. Major clean up starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started that a couple days ago but no matter how hard I try, I just can't get excited about picking up poop and that is the first job to finish if I want to walk off any paths.

    ReplyDelete