Thursday, February 2, 2012

Protecting your Garden

I have often posted about the adventures of my pets in my garden. Although there is some work involved in having so many dogs and cats AND a large garden, it has been well worth it for me. One of the big benefits of all my cats and dogs is that wildlife, generally speaking, stays out of the yard. We get the odd gopher or two and Hannah brings me mice that are no longer alive but we are not overrun with anything in the rodent family. This year I am starting my new kitchen garden and it will have an 8 foot fence around it because I need to keep my animals out of it as well. Digging in my flowers is one thing, digging in my food is quite another!

If you have wildlife bothering your garden, Organic Gardening magazine has a good article here on protecting it from wild things.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, we are the manufacturers of 'Benedict'. I can across your blog and really like your photos of him. I was wondering if you minded me posting them on our Facebook page - I like to feature our pieces being used in people's gardens. Many thanks. David
    Castart Studios
    www.castartstudios.com
    castart@islandnet.com

    ReplyDelete