Friday, July 1, 2011

Good Hair Day

I was born with bone straight, very fine hair. The kind of hair that it is hard to find a hair dresser that knows what to do with it. The lifetime result of that is that my hair is always straight and either shoulder length or longer because for the last ten years I have had the same hair routine. Every summer when the weather gets really hot, I pull it all into a ponytail and then cut that off. It grows the rest of the year until I get too hot in the garden again and repeat the procedure. I think my skills as a garden hair dresser are far more impressive. This year, our pothead Gnome has three types of sedum for hair. I like this planting better than any other she has had since she arrived. Miles is more fond of her when I plant decorative grasses but I love the way the sedum sits along her forehead and fills outward and upward giving the impression that she has spent some time making herself look her best. Perhaps heading to a Saturday night barn dance. I think she is going to look even better when the flowers open.

No comments:

Post a Comment